Marianna Abrams, N.D. – Menlo Park Bioidentical Hormones Specialist
Menlo Park, California Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Marianna Abrams, N.D. at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine has had over 23 years of experience in providing patients with successful Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy treatment plans that benefit their health conditions and boost their overall quality of life.
Treating many thousands of patients with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, Marianna Abrams, N.D. aspires to continue to reverse or reduce the effects of aging in her patients.
Taking a naturopathic medicine approach, Marianna Abrams, N.D. offers highly personalized naturopathic health care, gently treating disease at its root cause and strengthening the body’s own innate ability to heal.
Marianna Abrams, N.D. looks at the patient’s entire health as a whole when developing a treatment plan, and her mission is to get to the source of a patient’s condition before it become debilitating. As a Menlo Park Bioidentical Hormone Specialist, Marianna Abrams, N.D. has helped vast amounts of men and women to recover from the effects of aging with Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a holistic method of healthcare delivery that focuses on treating the whole individual. It emphasizes prevention and treatment in order for the patient to realize optimal health. While holding firm to the belief that people naturally possess the power to self-heal, naturopathic doctors use a combination of modern, traditional, and scientific methods in guiding their patients towards better long-term health. As a doctor at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine, Marianna Abrams, N.D. offers a number of treatments that embrace the philosophy of naturopathic medicine, most notably Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
As with several other types of alternative medicine, naturopathic doctors realize that no one understands their patient’s conditions and symptoms better than the patients themselves. They work as a team with patients towards a common goal of optimal health and sustained wellness.
When you work with Marianna Abrams, N.D. at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine in Menlo Park, California she prefers that you think of her as an advocate in your pursuit of optimal health. In fact, the principle of “doctor as teacher” is one of the basic tenets of naturopathic philosophy. Doctors in this specialty believe in empowering their patients by educating them about the importance of self-care and maintenance.
Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
- Do No Harm: While all doctors take this oath, those who identify as a naturopathic doctor take three important steps to ensure that they help their patients rather than harming them. They use the least force necessary to diagnose and treat a health condition. When actively treating a patient, they use safe and natural substances and methods whenever possible that minimize the risk of side effects, such as Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. As an experienced naturopathic practitioner, Marianna Abrams, N.D. acknowledges and respects your body’s needs and strives to improve it without exposing it to further harm or risk of future illness.
- Healing Power of Nature: Naturopathic doctors believe that all individuals are born with an ordered and intelligent sense of healing powers. Unfortunately, some people are never able to exercise them due to severe physical, cognitive, and emotional limitations from the time of birth. For those who desire to tap into their inherent self-healing powers, naturopathic doctors such as Marianna Abrams, N.D. work with them and guide them to identify and remove obstacles to healing and recovery.
- Identify and Treat the Root Cause: Traditional doctors tend to see patients as a set of symptoms that must be suppressed or a disease that must be cured. Naturopathic doctors, on the other hand, are more interested in finding and treating the underlying cause of your symptoms so you can feel better indefinitely.
- Prevention: If Marianna Abrams, N.D. had her preference, she would rather help you avoid ill health than treat the symptoms of it. To achieve this, he continually assesses your risk factors such as genetic predisposition to disease. When appropriate, Marianna Abrams, N.D. uses interventions in partnership with you to prevent the development of symptoms or disorders.
- Treat the Whole Person: When you present with symptoms of hormone imbalance, dominance or deficiency, Marianna Abrams, N.D. understands there are numerous things besides normal aging that could be causing it. These typically include your unique emotional, physical, spiritual, environmental, genetic, and social factors. While traditional doctors only consider the physical, naturopathic doctors don’t consider any one of these factors to be more important than the other. Even if your only intention when visiting the Water’s Edge Natural Medicine clinic is to find relief for hot flashes, sexual performance problems, or lack of energy, Marianna Abrams, N.D. may also provide counseling on other issues contributing to your overall sense of feeling unwell. For example, adrenal fatigue is a common problem caused by too much of the stress hormone cortisol. By identifying and eliminating stressors in your life while you are receiving Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, you stand the best chance of reaching your desired level of optimal health.
How BHRT Fits into a Naturopathic Approach to Healthcare
Marianna Abrams, N.D. uses Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy for several important reasons. First, the compound is created from plants with an identical cellular structure as hormones in the human body. For most people, this means a low level of intervention without the risk of side effects. Secondly, by identifying hormone imbalance as the root cause of your issues, Menlo Park Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Doctor, Marianna Abrams, N.D. can help you eliminate similar problems in the future. Thirdly, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy encompasses the healing power of nature with the unaltered genetic structure of its ingredients and by enabling the body to find balance and regain optimal function.
Last but not least, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy fits into a naturopathic approach to healthcare because it allows doctors to treat you as a whole person. This is possible because naturopathic doctors such as Marianna Abrams, N.D. consider your input as valuable as their own when creating an individualized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to correct your specific levels of hormone imbalance.
Getting Started With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
As a Menlo Park Bioidentical Hormone Specialist, Marianna Abrams, N.D. provides customized and comprehensive anti-aging therapies to men and women that want to regain their vitality. Before designing a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy plan, she will assess the patient’s medical history, stress levels, personal goals, lifestyle habits, and preferences in order to provide a highly personalized protocol. Continued support is offered through a great support staff of associate physicians, a medical assistant, and front desk staff to support patients every step of the way with their treatment plans, questions, and concerns. Doctor Abrams monitors hormone levels regularly in addition to any other blood chemistry that needs to be monitored. Her patients are seen on a regular basis for ongoing care and can also be seen for acute conditions, should they arise. Marianna Abrams, N.D. offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy prescriptions in the form of injections, creams, drops, and capsules.
Marianna Abrams, N.D. at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine has helped immense numbers of patients to boost their vitality and sense of wellbeing with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. To learn more about receiving a customized Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy program, contact Menlo Park Bioidentical Hormone Specialist, Marianna Abrams, N.D. at Water’s Edge Natural Medicine to schedule a consultation today!